At first, I was totally diffident to use Google Chrome as my web browser because I was pleasantly hooked to the plugins of my former internet browser. However, when I heard about the steadily increasing Chrome plugins, I gave it a second thought. With outpouring curiosity, I finally gave in to try it out. It’s a good thing that I did. I was stunned as to the efficiency of plugin Chrome especially the programs that are very useful to increase my work productivity and time-efficiency. Yet, I was also amazed upon learning that I could incorporate productivity and style with these Chrome plugins.
Due to the abundance of free plugin for Chrome available these days, I personally made a list of plugins that I find very useful as far as productivity is concerned. Here they are.
- AdBlock – This plugin is very useful as it blocks ads from the web pages, thus, allowing you to just concentrate on the web content. This add-on is the primary reason for the popularity of Firefox web browser, and transition to Chrome AdBlock plugin is quite easy. After installing the plugin, it automatically works in blocking ads. What makes it even more exciting for me is that it can be customized to restrain from showing annoying ads on your selected web pages. Moreover, when the program has overlooked several ads, they can be added onto the program in order to completely block those ads from coming out.
- Flash block – This is another useful plugin for Chrome because it blocks the flash content of web pages. It even allows you to decide which websites you will permit to load flash content by placing them in the white list. I find this plugin very advantageous because I work a lot with my computer, and by using this application, it effectively helps in dropping down memory usage as well as a good AdBlock alternative.
- Lazarus – Whoever is not annoyed with system crashes or network breakdowns? This is basically time-consuming especially when you are in the middle of filling up forms. A form-recovery application, like Lazarus, will help you out and save all the information when filling up forms and retrieve them with just one click of your mouse, thus saving from starting all over again.
- Snippy – This Chrome plugin is also useful in grabbing web page scraps such as links, images, paragraphs and the like, and save them for future reference. It efficiently cuts back the time in searching for these scraps, hence, you can use the extra time in working on other tasks.
- Time tracker – This simple Chrome add-on helps in tracking down the time used in browsing multiple web pages and has been very helpful in increasing productivity especially for freelance workers like me. Even offline institutions have taken advantage of this program to evaluate their employees’ browsing activity.
- Tab organizer – This particular Chrome plugin works in organizing your tabs. Aside from that, it also allows you to pick and close several windows and tabs because running multiple applications slows down your PC performance.
- RemindMe – I fully take advantage of this add-on as it allows me to set job reminders while browsing the internet and even allows me to synchronize it between multiple machines. This chrome plugin also allows adding the reminders in the Google calendar. It gives no excuses for undone tasks thus making your boss fully satisfied with your work.
The abovementioned chrome plugins are only few of the clusters of plugins offered by Google. Aside from increasing your work productivity, it fully maximizes your web browser making it more accessible.