With the new version of Windows released by Microsoft which is Windows 7, it is possible to burn files in much easier way with the enhancements to the Windows Explorer as it was not possible with the old versions.
With the older version it was not possible to burn DVD with Windows and people had to use the third party software to burn blank DVD but now this is possible through Windows Explorer. The process of burning files in the Windows 7 is as follows:
- Insert the blank DVD into the DVD drive device. The drive can be in the form of CD writer if you want to burn CD and DVD writer if you wish to burn DVD.
- An Autoplay option will appear on the screen which will ask you as what you want to do with the disc. If the Autoplay option does not appear after the disc is inserted then you can manually bring that option up by clicking start button followed by double clicking on the CD/DVD drive.
- Choose the option named” burn files to disc using Windows Explorer”.
- Choose the type of disc which you wish to burn. If you want to remove some data after it is burned in the disc then choose the option of “like a USB flash drive” and if you don’t want to change the data once it is finalized then choose the option of “works with a CD/DVD player”.
- Add all the files which you want to burn in the blank disc. For adding the file drag and drop the file onto the blank disk through Windows Explorer or you can copy and paste files onto the disc.
- Last step is to burn disc.
Burn disc feature in Windows 7 is same for both CD’s and DVD’s.