Turn Off Sticky Keys in Windows 7
Several new features which are incorporated in Windows 7 which is the new release of Microsoft are:
- Windows Media Player.
- Windows Media Center.
- Windows Gadget Platform.
- Sticky Keys.
- Windows Search.
When sticky keys are pressed they will lock certain keys. Some people such as gamers who have a continuous habit of pressing several keys in a row at the same time get tripped up when sticky keys turn on automatically. The main aim behind introducing this feature is to help the people who are suffering from physical disabilities. To turn off sticky keys in Windows 7, you can do it in two ways:
You can make use of the keyboard shortcut to turn it off –
It may happen that you may have turned on sticky keys and activated it, and then you can turn it off quickly by pressing both the SHIFT keys on the keyboard at the same time. This method is called as keyboard shortcut method.
Go to the control panel option and turn it off from there –
- You can also deactivate sticky keys via control panel where you have to first click on the start button followed by click on the control panel option.
- Then choose the option named “ease of access” followed by change how your keyboard works.
- In the window locate where the heading “make it easier to type” is present.
- You will find check box beside it, remove check mark from the box present next to the turn on sticky keys”.
- If no check mark is present in the check box next to this option, sticky key is not on.
- If you want to permanently disable sticky keys, then you must uncheck the box named “turn on sticky keys when shift is pressed five times “.
Window 7 will prevent the sticky keys to turn on automatically in the future.